join us and exhibit your work
2021 applications now open
new this year!
emerging artist category
The Committee of the Guelph Studio Tour invites applications from Guelph Artists in all mediums for next year’s event, October 16 and 17 2021
Terms of membership in the Guelph Studio Tour:
- Artists must either have a studio or a home with a postal address within the City of Guelph or Guelph Rural Route to apply. Accepted artists may exhibit their work in their studio during the Tour weekend provided the studio has a City of Guelph or Guelph Rural Route address.
- All accepted artists (members) pay an annual fee of $175.00 (subject to change by membership vote). Inasmuch as the Guelph Studio Tour is an artist-run collective, members are required to attend four yearly meetings and work on a committee. ŧ
- Artists must be able to participate in Group shows during the year, prior to the Studio Tour weekend.
- It is important that the work submitted in the application be consistent with the finished work that will be shown at the Tour’s exhibitions.
Benefits in being a member of the Guelph Studio Tour include:
- Promotion of your work and exhibition site on a full-colour brochure (15,000 circulated).
- Promotional access to local, K-W and Toronto area press and events publications.
- Other year-round exhibition opportunities within the Guelph community.
- Exposure through the Tour’s extensive website, and social media sites (Facebook, Instagram) and quarterly newsletter.
- Meeting, networking and receiving support from other artists.
Please apply using our online application form.
All applications must be received by February 15, 2021. Artists will be contacted by email following the jury process about successful submissions. New members will be provided with information concerning membership along with their acceptance to the Guelph Studio Tour.
For further information, contact the membership committee at [email protected]
applications close february 15 2021
Three (3) members of the Guelph Studio Tour will review this application. The Jury Committee will be looking for quality, consistency and professionalism in your work. The act of applying to the Guelph Studio Tour via this online application indicates that you have read, understood and agree to the terms of membership. The Guelph Studio Tour reserves the right not to accept any application.
Note that volunteering is an integral part of belonging to the Guelph Studio Tour. There are a number of committees that members can belong to. The committees are as follow:
Exhibitions: this committee is charged with organizing, hanging and taking down exhibitions
Publicity: this committee is charged with all things to do with advertising and marketing
Advertising: this committee oversees the sale of ads from local businesses that we include in the brochure
Signs: this committee is responsible for the printing, maintenance, and distribution of signs and the hanging of banners and signs.
Membership / Jurying: this committee is responsible for the jurying of new members, and liaison with new members.
Distribution: this committee is responsible for the distribution of all marketing materials, namely the brochures, bookmarks and posters.
Communication: this committee is charged with creating / maintaining the E-Newsletter, the website and the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. It is also responsible for marketing via these media.
Please indicate (1) which activities you can assist in; and/or (2) areas where you have skills and experience. For example: Administrative / secretarial duties, Event planning, Project management, writing / editing, technological, graphic design, website design, advertising, workshops / lectures /demonstrations, social media, media relations, writing grant proposals,
* The annual fee for members who are not available to sit on a committee is $350